The section of the Colorado Trail we’ve adopted sees enormous traffic, and so it needs some love. We’ll be re-aligning a section just above the CT-Red Trail junction, giving it some grade reversals and creating a new climbing turn. The goal? Create some flow and slow folks down more gradually before they hit the switchback.
When: One will be on Wednesday July 17 for you folks who can’t get away on a weekend. The other will be Saturday July 20.
Where: Meet at the Tiger Road dredge at 8:30am for both days. It’s about 3.5 miles to the work site and takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to hike and a little more than half that to ride to the site. We’ll work till about 4:00 then hike or ride back out.
What to bring:
- Yourself and a friend or two!
- Sturdy shoes, work gloves and clothing appropriate for grubbing around in the dirt.
- Water, sunscreen, bug repellent and rain gear. Bike clothing is probably not the best so be prepared to change if you ride.
What the SFTS supplies:
- Tools, most should be on site but we may need to carry some in. The SFTS also has several BOB trailers and we might need help carrying tools in with them.
- Leadership and expertise.
- Snacks such as fruit and bagels in the morning energy bars
- A tailgate party with snacks and refreshing cold beverages when we’re done.